"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

~ Gentle Shepherd ~

We gave a toast to Pope Emeritus, Benedict XVI, while he celebrated his 86th Birthday...

Today (10:30PM Rome time), we continue to celebrate during our simple afternoon tea.  
 
Our hearts ....

and prayers....


are with Pope Emeritus on his birthday.  A gentle and loving shepherd...

This mornings Holy Mass was for his intentions...we offered our Mass for him.


6 comments:

  1. Many Happy returns to Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...

      I just visited your blog; you are a very entertaining writer. I'll have to spend more time there and look into your books. I'm always looking for quality books for my teens (and myself) to read. God's grace to your day...

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments Valerie. I hope you enjoy my books. They can be downloaded FREE from my Blog (top left tab) and are also available in Kindle format. My first book "Visions" is also available in paperback.

    God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The symbolism of the shepherd -- thanks for the reminder. And I like your china, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Marcia. I've really been pondering your "To Pray, To Love, To Teach" post on Suscipio...I can honestly say that I am a better mama, teacher and wife after reading it. I thank you; I know my chilren would thank you, too.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, the china is from my husband's grandmother...the tea cups are very special and I have been bringing them out more and more since my children are a little more genteel with them. I love that they can be used and not just sit on display...(now watch me accidentally break one!) :o(

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...