"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, December 10, 2012

~ Time Flies ~





This weekend we met up with friends that we hadn't seen in years.  YEARS!!!  Like 9 or 10 years.

Their oldest son, who is now playing college basketball, was in the area...so we decided to take a drive and watch the game and catch up.



We had a great time...great game, great company, great visit.
Their children had grown.  Our children had grown...they met Little Lamb for the first time...

TIME FLIES.





We decided to grab some dinner with the group after the game...we had such a good time.  We laughed, and laughed. 
I really appreciate these friends - who have been like family.  My husband has been friends with Mr. D ever since elementary school! 

I appreciate the effort they make to keep in touch and to reach out.

I've really been reflecting on what kind of friend I've been to others.  How I often let time pass without making that effort...because of a (tiny) fear that it may lead to a bigger investment (of much more than I'm willing to spend).  The funny thing is, I've never regretted it.  In fact, it has always enriched me... 
Time.  I've been very stingy with my time lately.  A regular ol Scrooge.
It felt good to give up some time...and as the saying goes:
"Time flies when your having fun"

I love these sayings about Time:

Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow. ~Denis Waitely

The Future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is. ~C.S. Lewis

And Lastly,
"Tempest Fugit, Memento Mori" or "Time Flies, Remember Death"
 
 
How are you spending your time?

 

2 comments:

  1. Such a blessing for you to be re-connected with old friends, and for all of you to meet each other's families... Thank you for the reminder about time and being stingy with it. I was caught red-handed :-( Do have good what-remains-of-Advent days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a good investment in time...and now, with the remaining days of Advent, I hope to focus my time on Him. Have a blessed Advent and thank you for visiting!

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...