"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Thursday, December 6, 2012

~ Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real ~

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~



round button chicken

Every Thursday, at Like Mother, Like Daughter




{pretty}

Butterfly re-arranged her desk...

A collection of PRETTY gifts from her grandmother (m), mother, aunt and friends from over the years.

So sweet and lovely...just like our Butterfly.



 {happy}


This is one HAPPY little girl...and no complaints from the pup, either. 

{funny}


FUNNY bookstands...gift to Butterfly, from a friend (from last Christmas).
So perfect for her...my little bookworm.

{real}


This is the birthday card that Butterfly made for me...
She hand made this card from candy wrappers that she saved and dried flowers that she pressed.
You cannot see the details in this photo...but it is REALLY beautiful. 
This is such a treasure to me.
This child is so lovely and good and sweet.
(how did I get to be her mother?)  really!




Go to Like Mother, Like Daughter to find more contentment!

6 comments:

  1. What a collection of lovely dolls, all heirloom items, too! I am touched by the effort and time that Butterfly poured into your birthday card; give yourself credit -- a thoughtful mom makes for a thoughtful child! The novel bookends and your dog playing along... thanks for sharing truly everyday bits of happiness and contentment :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments...many blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog.:). My daughter who also collects candy foils and makes things out of them would love Popcorn. She loves animals and terribly wants to be the proud owner of a Westie. I think it's the ears! Very lovely post.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of owning a Westie...many, many, many years later - she provides us with lots of laughs and love. She was worth the wait. Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  3. That card is a work of art, to be treasured! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can see all the love and time she must have put into it...I was speechless (with tearful joy).

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...