"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, November 26, 2012

~ Birthday Blessings ~

My wonderful husband and loving children treated me to a beautiful birthday celebration, this month.

They took me to one of my favorite places...


"It is by far the grandest of all the special temples of nature I was ever permitted to enter."
~  John Muir

I was treated to a lovely breakfast at the magnificent Ahwahnee Hotel. 



A little surprise...
 
...such delightful hospitality.




I love all the little nooks and rustic furnishings, just perfect for sitting and reading...and enjoying the stunning views.

This corner reminds me of a gnomes hat...but this particular *hat* reaches up to about 15 feet.


Spring in Yosemite is spectacular with all the waterfalls at full flow...and Winter is truly an amazing wonderland with everything covered in a blanket of shimmering crystal white.
But the Autumn is my favorite with the color...Oh - the color.  All the colors against the blue sky...

Breathtaking.

"Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space."
~ Ansel Adams


And for the cherry on top...as if it wasn't enough that they treated me like royalty all day long...they gifted me with a reminder of the day.  A Fleur de lys glass with my birthstone and a chocolate truffle to enjoy at the end of my day...so sweet.  I felt like a queen.  And to show me how much they love and need me...they let me cook dinner for them.  It was my honor.  :o)

Birthday gifts...



2 comments:

  1. Everything is so very sweet! Belated happy birthday and may you have a blessed and blissful year. That fleur de glass will surely be an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      God's grace to your days...

      Delete

Have a thought? Share it here...