"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Friday, November 23, 2012

~ Thanksgiving Menu: Roasted Asparagus & Cranberry Sauce ~

~ ROASTED ASPARAGUS ~
 
Wash asparagus and trim off the white bottoms.  Toss with all three ingredients and roast for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.  Very easy, VERY tasty.
Note:  I did blanch them (out of habit) for a couple minutes before tossing & roasting...they were perfect.


           
 Ingredients: Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar & Sea Salt (I used Kosher Salt - it's what I had). 
At my daughter's request - I also added some roasted sliced almonds. 


I will continue to make these throughout the year...not just on Thanksgiving!



 ~ Cranberry Sauce ~

I love fresh cranberry sauce!
I will buy extra and freeze so that I can use throughout the year.

Ingredients:  Sugar (1 cup), Fresh Cranberries (2 cups), Water (1 cup).

Combine sugar and water in saucepan, bringing to boil.  Boil rapidly for 5 minutes.





Add cranberries...


Return to boiling...Reduce heat.

Boil gently until skins pop (about 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.


So easy and delicious. 


Butterfly was really helpful this year...first the Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes, and then the Cranberry Sauce.  She really helps out in so many ways.  I am so thankful for her help and her company.  My sous-chef.  :o)

Note to file:  Next year, double the batch!!

After Dinner Drink - Eggnog with splash of brandy.  Relaxing.
 
 


For the Full Menu & Thanksgiving Feast...go Here.

Thank you to the gracious Stephanie over at Sweet Boutique for sharing her Thanksgiving Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...