"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

~ A Simple Woman's Daybook ~

I'm joining hostess Peggy and friends over at
 


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...Falling leaves.

I am thinking...about all the things I need to do...
even though my throat is really sore right now.

I am thankful...For my husband who takes such good care of us.

In the kitchen...a whistling tea kettle.

I am wearing...Dark purple sweater with warm scarf.

I am creating...Plans for an upcoming fundraising dinner for our altar boys trip to Rome.

I am going...to drive my girls to choir practice this afternoon.

I am wondering...what to cook for dinner...

I am reading...the Philosophy of Tolkien (still) and


Imitation of Christ (faithfully)

I am hoping...
to get my quarterly reports in before Thanksgiving break.

I am looking forward to...
Thanksgiving break and undisrupted family time!

I am learning...
about the virtues of patience & forgiveness…first-hand.

Around the house...
quiet and still...hey, were is everyone?!

I am pondering...
From the Women of Grace: Magnificat



"My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden.
For behold, henceforth all generations
will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great
things for me, and holy is his name."
Luke 1: 46-49

For Reflection:

Like magnifying glasses help ailing eyes to see more clearly, so does Mary's soul help our weak eyes of faith to see God with greater clarity. Through the course of this month thus far, what mysteries has God shown me? What mysteries are revealed through Mary as expressed in the rest of this passage? What mystery might God be revealing to others through me in light of my life and my circumstances?

A favorite quote for today...
Prayer is the place of refuge for every worry, a foundation for cheerfulness, a source of constant happiness, a protection against sadness."

~ St. John Chrysostom

One of my favorite things...Falling leaves

A few plans for the rest of the week...
will be to finish organizing my work spaces & closets and to rake falling leaves.
:o)


A peek into my day...



~ Valerie

Go here for more shared Daybooks...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...