"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Monday, November 19, 2012

~ Saints & Sickness ~

I was enjoying this lovely piece of art on display, while visiting our Cathedral last week.

I'm sharing it in honor of the recent All Saints Day, which took place at the beginning of this month, on November 1st.

It's like a sneak peek into heaven...
...a very nice family photo.


Here is a side shot, to show the *3-D* effect.


Isn't it wonderful? 




Speaking of saints...

I decided not to host the girls club at my home this year...our schedules are so overwhelmingly full; I wasn't sure if we could make any of the meetings. 
Thankfully, another mother will host and we will try to attend as many as we can.

Butterfly was asked to give the talk at the girls club, which was on Friday.  The subject was on the virtues of forgiveness and penance; and on friendship.  She also spoke on the Catechism:  Original Sin, Sin & Mankind, Venial & Mortal Sin. 

I am so proud of her leadership skills...

Well, my sore throat, from a couple days earlier, turned into a terrible cough and so I quarantined myself to my car and waited outside while the traditional mother/daughter tea took place.  I brought along some companions to help pass the time:


When I heard a little tap on the car door...my sweet and thoughtful daughter was delivering a treat to her *lonely sick mother* (minus the annoying cough, I was quite alright with the quiet reading time). 
Of course, I was happy to be the recipient of this saintly act of kindness:


She even remember to bring a napkin and fork...I'm feeling much better already. 
 0:o) 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it really is a family photo, isn't it? What a sweet and thoughtful daughter... I hope you are feeling better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marcia. Blessings to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Share it here...