"Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done unto me according to thy will." ~ Luke 1:38

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

~ Maranatha! ~

~ Come, O Christ the Lord! ~

We used these Advent candles last year. 
I think we can get another 32+ hours of burning out of them. :o)

Several years ago, we switched over to use this ornament-style for our Jesse Tree,
from the Paper Dali
 
Hand-made with love...
 

My children colored, cut and laminated them.  We, then, punched a hole at the top and tied a purple ribbon on.  Then, after the daily reading, we hang the "ornament" on the "tree".

We have tried a variety of Jesse Tree styles over the years...this one stuck.  And so, here we are.

Simple and Sweet


I found this fleur de lys glitter thing on clearance a few years ago...before then, I used a branch from one of my Manzanita trees.  I like both, but this one had a stand.  The Manzanita tree took up a lot of space and needed to be anchored well (or else).

"I am the Root of Jesse and David's Son, The radiant Star of morning and God's own Light."

Wishing you a very blessed and fruitful Advent Season....as we prepare for His coming.



~ Come, O Christ the Lord! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Share it here...